As an employer in the Greater Boston area, what better way to show you care about your employees' financial well-being than to offer them membership into Liberty Bay Credit Union. By doing so, your employees will be provided with safe, convenient financial solutions with a place to save and borrow money at reasonable rates at an institution which exists to benefit them, not to make a profit.
Who We Are
- Liberty Bay Credit Union is a cooperative, not-for-profit financial institution organized to promote thrift and provide credit to members.
- Today, Liberty Bay Credit Union serves the Greater Boston area, and with over 27,000 members it is one of the oldest and most established credit unions in New England. Historically, the Massachusetts-based credit union served the financial services needs of employees of all companies providing services and technologies for the purpose of the transmission and processing of information, voice, data, and video. However, in an effort to better compete with banks in the marketplace and provide our services to the community, we changed our company charter in December 2005 and now provide those same financial services to anyone who lives, works, or attends school in the Greater Boston area.
- We are member-owned and controlled through a board of directors elected by the membership.
What Can Liberty Bay Credit Union Provide Your Employees
Because we are a credit union and a not-for-profit institution, we can pay higher dividends on savings accounts (as well as charge lower rates for loans) than most banks. And rather than paying profits to stockholders, we return earnings to our members in the form of dividends and improved services. Following is a list of products and services that your employees can benefit from:
- Savings Accounts* - Regular savings account, money market account, CDs ranging from 3 months to 5 years, club accounts (Christmas, Vacation & Rainy Day), IRA money market account, IRA CDs, as well as interest bearing checking accounts.
- Checking Accounts* - Free Benefits Checking Account - Senior 62 Package and Under 21 Package available.
- Consumer Loans - VISA/Amex® credit card, Home Equity loans and lines of credit, Car Loans (both new and used), Education Loans, Savings Secured Loans, Personal Loans, Pay-off-plastic (POP), Holiday, and Vacation Loans.
- Home Financing Services - Fixed Rate Mortgages, Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs), First-Time Home Buyers' Program, Home Buyers' Seminars and workshops.
*All deposits at Liberty Bay Credit Union are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. In addition to federal insurance, members' deposits in excess of $250,000 are insured by the Massachusetts Share Insurance Corporation (MSIC); up to $600,000 for individual accounts and $1,200,000 for joint accounts.